Climbing Mount Meru
this 4 day hike to the summit of Mt Meru through verdant afromontane forest into high altitude alpine desert with stunning views of a dormant volcano.
Arusha – Miriakamba Hut
Miriakamba Hut – Saddle Hut
Saddle Hut – Miriakamba Hut
Miriakamba Hut – Arusha
Day 0: Arrival in Tanzania Arusha
On arrival you are personally met by one of our representatives and transferred to Arusha to a well-appointed hotel. In the afternoon there is a full briefing with your guide. Dinner is included at your hotel for overnight BB
Day 1: Mt.Meru/ Mariakamba Hut
In the morning we are collected from your hotel and transfer to Arusha National Park. At the Momella gate we finish registration formalities before setting off with your guide and armed ranger – there is abundant wildlife in the forests! The forest section is especially scenic with strangler figs and the possibility of seeing buffalo grazing in one of the clearings. In the late afternoon we reach a viewpoint before heading onto Miriakamba hut for dinner
Day 2: Mt Meru /Saddle Hut
We set off from Miriakamba initially still in the forest zone but in a few hours as we reach Saddle hut for lunch in the alpine desert zone. In the afternoon a walk to the summit of Little Meru can be taken for stunning views before heading back to Saddle Hut for dinner and Overnight Saddle Hut
Day 3: Mt.Meru/ Mariakamba Hut
We rise early and our hard work is rewarded at dawn as the sun rises to the East. Kilimanjaro is normally clearly seen from here and the sheer cliffs of the crater fall dramatically 1000 feet or more. We return back and after some brunch at Saddle Hut, we continue down to Miriakamba hut for dinner and overnight
Day 4: Mt.Meru/ Mariakamba Hut
The final section takes up to 3 hours to return to our vehicles where we say farewell to our crew and have time for a short picnic lunch and game drive before returning to Arusha for Overnight At the last day of your tour we will drive you back to hotel for your overnight or airport.
- Quality, waterproof mountain tents. Modays itinerary
- Professional, experienced, mountain guideseru 4 days itinerary
- All Park fees and Rescue fees.Moudays itinerary
- All meals while on the Mountain.
- Arrival and Departure transfers.
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees. Mount Meru 4 days itinerary
- Mess tents with table and chairs:
- All mountain equipment’s
- 2nights hotel accommodation the day before and after trekking
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food:Mount Meru 4 days itinerary
- Clean, purified drinking water 1.5 liters per day
- Sleeping Mattress and.
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature.
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person just upon arrival.Mount Meru 4 days itinerary
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.).
- Optional Tours (short safari, Zanzibar beaches, after your climb etc).Mount Meru 4 days itinerary
- Tipping and any items of personal nature $15 per day for guide and 10$ for porters
What To Bring
- A warm sweater as the nights can be chilly at high altitudes.
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable shoes
Note: You can extend your trip to Tanzania safari holiday campare bellow