Tanzania Safari Cost | How much does it cost to go on Safari in Tanzania?
Tanzania offers real outstanding wildlife and it’s a top African safari destination. Get know about How much does a safari cost in Tanzania? Tanzania Safari Prices, What is the Cost of Safari Tanzania, Average prices & Cost of the safari in Tanzania, How much would a safari cost? What does a safari in Tanzania Cost?. East Africa has blessed countries like Tanzania with magical nature and wildlife more than any other country in the world!
The cost of a Safari in Tanzania itinerary for a luxury safari is high compare with the budget due to the accommodation setting chosen. How Much Does it Cost to Go on budget Safari in Tanzania? Adventure camping safaris in Tanzania cost about $ 250 to $ 350 per person per day while lodging safari’s average price costs you about $490 per person per day when 2 people traveling together.
African Safari Prices & Costs Variation
Tanzania Safari costs around $ 2150 — $2290 this is an average price of 1 week East Africa budget camping safari prices & Costs. 7 Days Tanzania budget safari price & Costs: Arusha National Park, Tarangire, Serengeti, Ngorongoro crater, and Lake Manyara National Park. East Africa and Tanzania Mid-range Safari cost an average price start from USD $470 — $ 490 per person per night this for 2 tourists traveling together and sharing 1 stay in a single double room in the lodge. While Luxury East African Safari price and average costs you around $690—$2500 per person per night based on 2 people traveling together and staying luxury room lodge with a full en-suite luxury way.
Tanzania Safari itinerary
- 4 Days Tanzania Budget camping safari itinerary cost starts from an average price of $ 1290— $1390 per person per tour based on 2 people traveling together and sharing 1 tent. 4 Days Tanzania Safari Cost: Tarangire National Park, Serengeti National Park, and Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
- Tanzania Mid- Range Safari cost during your 4 Days Safari cost in Tanzania an average price and costs around $1850 – $1920 per person per tour based on two tourists traveling together and sharing 1 single private double room, with full board.
- 4 Days Tanzania Luxury Safari price and average costs you $2550 — $ 2900 per person per tour base on 2 people traveling together. Staying in luxury lodges with a private room, toilet, hot showers, and daily full board during your trip to Tanzania with us.
5 Days Tanzania Adventure Trip
- Tanzania Adventure budget Safari Package itinerary for 5 Days safari price itinerary and average cost got something around $1590 USD per person per tour private 5 Days African budget safari price with 2 people traveling together sharing 1 tent. Destination to be visit – Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro crater.
- 5 Days Tanzania Mid-range/ budget lodge safari cost you’re an average price of $1900—$ 2150 per person per tour with 2 people traveling together and sharing 1 single room comfort double.
- A Luxury 5 Days Safari itinerary in East Africa costs you an average price of $2550—3500 per person per tour based on two tourists traveling together. This 5 Days Tanzania Luxury Safari price you will stay in luxury lodges in Tanzania.
6 Days East Africa Safari Price
- A 6 Days East Africa budget safari price and Cost you around $ 1890 per person per tour with 2 tourists traveling together. The cost will go down when there is a big group traveling and arranging this Tanzania safari trip together. Visit Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro crater.
- The Mid – Range safari price and costs of Tanzania 6 Days itinerary Safari Trip are 2900 —$2980 per person per tour while 2 tourists traveling together and sharing one 1 single double room occupancy.
8 Days Tanzania Safari Costs and Prices
- You Tanzania 8 Days Safari prices and costs for the budget is $2490 per person per tour 2 people traveling together, covering destinations like Arusha National Park, Tarangire National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, Serengeti National Park, and Kilimanjaro affordable Day Hike.
- 8 Days Amazing Lodge Safari Tanzania an average price and costs you around $ 3790—3920 per person per tour when 2 tourists traveling together and sharing stay in 1 single comfortable double room lodge.
- Costs of 8 Days Luxury safari in Tanzania is $4500 – $6900 per person per tour!
Tanzania Safari Accommodation
- $195-350 USD per person per day for basic budget accommodation
- $490 USD per person per day for 3-star lodges/ hotel accommodation
- $690 USD pp per day for 4-star lodges/ hotel accommodation
- $990+ USD pp per day for 5-star lodges/hotel accommodation
Ranging from basic budget camping to high ended marks Tanzania as top safari destinations. The price for basic budget accommodation starts from $35 per person per night. Mid-range comfort accommodation costs around $490 per person per night base on 2 people traveling together. While luxury safari accommodation in Tanzania price starts from $990 per person per night and up depending on the selection of hotels and lodges. Single supplement options are available at a high rate based on availability.
From the free-standing highest volcanic mountain to the landless plain of Serengeti National park vs beautiful Garden of Eden Ngorongoro conservation area to the white sand of Zanzibar shore like make a completely amazing safari in Africa Tanzania.
Why Tanzania Safari is too Expensive?
- Tanzania usually the ultimate safari destination overall, a lot of things make Tanzania’s safari more expensive.
- There are a lot of reasons Why Tanzania Safari Holidays are not Cheap like flights, insurance, itinerary, accommodation, visa entry fee, and more. That is to say African safari itineraries is expensive due influence of different factors mentioned above. Tanzania lodge safari ae more expensive which price stat from $490 – $2500 per person per night compare with budget camping accommodation which is $195 -$700 per peson per night.
Tanzania Safari Payment
We are responsible for travel experts organizing Mountain Trekking and Safari within Tanzania. We have strong experience and a great team of people that guarantees the best services.
Tanzania safaris and Serengeti Safaris never be cheap! When going on Safari in Tanzania you should keep in mind the level of budget level safari prices & accommodation types you’re looking for!
To give you an idea of Tanzania safari prices Average costs of Tanzania safari & Zanzibar beach holidays, a 1-week safari would cost approximately US $3500 — $4000 per person exclusive of international airfare internal flights, visas, and insurance. This would be a semi-luxurious trip.
Prices can go up and down depending on the season and level of accommodation. how much does it cost to go on a safari in Tanzania? the price for budget camping will cost you from US$2150 — 2200per person for a 1-week small group minimum of 2 people.
Booking and paying for a safari before arriving in Tanzania is recommended if you’ll be traveling in popular areas during the high season. The payment can be at cash in USD /Euro or Tanzanian Shillings or by online card payments!
National park Entry Fees and cost
|Tanzania National Park Entry Fees for Non-East African Citizens and East African Citizens|
|National Park Names||Entry Fee per Adult/day||Child (5-15 years)/day||Expatriates /Residents (USD) Entry Fee per Adult/day||Child (5-15 years)/day||Child (under 5 years)/day|
|Serengeti National Park||$70.80||$23.60||35.4||11.8||Free|
|Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area (24 Hour Single Entry)||$70.80||$23.60||41.3||11.8||Free|
|Arusha, Tarangire, and Lake Manyara National Parks||$53.7||$17.7||26.55||8.85||Free|
|Katavi, Mikumi, Ruaha, Rubondo, Saadani, Kitulo, Mkomazi Udzungwa, and Saanane National Parks||$35.4||$11.8||17.7||5.75||Free|
|Gombe National Park||$118||$23.6||59||11.8||Free|
|Mahale National Park||$94.4||$23.6||47.2||11.8||Free|
|Kilimanjaro National Park||$79.8||$23.6||41.3||11.8||Free|
Entry fees for the motor vehicle to all parks:
|Vehicle Weight||Local Vehicle entry Price (Tsh)||Foreign Vehicle entry Price (USD)|
|Tare weight up to 2000 kgs||20, 000||40|
|Tare weight between 2001 – 3000 kgs||35,000||150|
|Tare weight between 3001 – 7000 kgs||60,000||200|
|Tare weight above 7001 kgs – 10000 kgs||150,000||300|
Note: Open vehicles will be charged 50% extra of the normal vehicle fee. But the entry above is without an 18% Value Added Tax(VAT).
Tanzania Safari Categories
Flying Safari in Tanzania
Well, unique safari experience in Tanzania through scenic game viewing within the national park. This is the best Tanzania Safari options by taking private chart flight hire with your family or group. The private flight charter hasn’t a good scenic viewing like a hot air balloon safari. The options of Tanzania hot air balloon ride safari will be one of the African holiday experiences you will never forget. Combing your hot air balloon safari in Tanzania with any of our packages published on our website and we will advise you which one will fit.
Honeymoon Safari in Tanzania
How Much Does Tanzania honeymoon Safari Cost? The average price and costs of African honeymoon safari and vocational package costs you somewhere between $350pp/night for budget camping while Lodge $490 -2500pp/night. The best time to visit Africa Tanzania for your honeymoon trips is during the dry season late June to October, November, December, January, February, beginning of march, avoid April & May for heavy rainfall. (Your 10 Days Tanzania honeymoon safari cost you around $3900 per person tours, 8 Days / 7 nights Luxury honeymoon safari $4500 per person, 12 Days/ 11nights safari and beach honeymoon cost around $7750 per person. ).
Family Safari in Tanzania
How Much Does Tanzania family Safari Cost? East Africa family safari and vacation trips with Tanzania family safari tours cost you a lot of money. The Tanzania family safari & Tours price starts from $ 250 — $350 per person per night for a basic camping safari in Tanzania. An African family lodges safari average price of $490 — $2500 per person per night depending on the comfort level of safari Accommodation chosen. (Your 5 Days Tanzania family safari cost you around $2050 per person tours, 10 Days / 7 nights Luxury Tanzania family safari $7800 per person, 8 Days/ 7 nights Family safari holidays in Tanzania cost you around $2950 per person per tours. ).
Tanzania photographic safari
How much does the best African photo safari tour cost? A Tanzania and African photo safari prices range between $550- $1200 per person per night. This will be for mid-range lodge, while Luxurious photographic safari in Tanzania start from $990-2500 per person per tour this is for 2 people traveling together. Excluding International airfares, Local flights, Items of personal nature, Tips and gratuities for the safari staff, Travel insurance, visa fees. Book our 9 Days Tanzania photographic Safari Tours: Tarangire National park, Serengeti National park, & Ngorongoro crater. $5850 per person per tour when 2 people traveling together.
Serengeti Great Migration Safari
Serengeti great wildebeest migration safari Tanzania 2021/2022 average costs $ 250 — $1900 per person per night depending on the number of days people on safari and accommodation selective. The Serengeti Safari in Tanzania takes a landless plain safari adventure in the Northern circuit which is popular for HerdTracker Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Adventure at the Mara river crossing between Tanzania and Kenya! You can stay in various accommodations during your safari. Contact us today to tailor-make your safari Trip.
We offer the range for a minimum of 4 Days Serengeti Safari in Tanzania individual tailor-made till 5 weeks both budget safari Tanzania to luxury safari Tanzania Africa and take a look at our Tanzania safari packages & holidays
Safari Tanzania Tours – Customized bespoke Tanzania wildlife safaris Big 5 Africa Safari Tanzania, Ngorongoro Safari & tours. An exciting change for the lives of the Serengeti Safari Wildebeest Migration.
Tanzania Budget Safari Packages
How much does a Tanzania budget safari packages Costs? An affordable adventure trip at a lower price with the best Tanzania budget safari packages. The average cost of this trip starts from $ 195 and up per person per tour in Tanzania but depends on the number of people in Safari. All out Tanzania Wildlife Safari Packages whether family, budget, honeymoon are individual private tailor adventure travel.
Get know How Much Does a Tanzania Safari Cost or How Much Does an African Safari Cost with it safari Prices for Average Cost of Safaris in Tanzania & Zanzibar for your African Safari Journey to explore the interesting trips blooms of Tanzania, Climb Kilimanjaro, Serengeti Safari, and Zanzibar Book your African Safari Tours 10 Days Tanzania budget safari
Tipping on Safari in Tanzania
Tanzania for African safari tipping guides depends on the company’s set up policy and terms and conditions! Each safari company differs according to setup. During safari holidays to Tanzania, you will be accompanied by your driver-guide and cook/chef depending on the types of safari you choose. If you have a tented lodge/lodging safari you will only be accompanied by a driver-guide. But if it is a budget camping safari you will be with both driver guide and chef. Tipping during your safari differ according to the safari holidays. For Tanzania safari and tour guides at camps and lodges, you can tip the US $15 to the US $25 per person per day or at the end of the safari. You can tip more as you wish but the minimum tipping indicated above.
Inclusions and Exclusions( Tanzania Safari)
- Safari accommodation
- Meals: Full Board Breakfast, Hot Lunch, or Picnic Lunch and Dinner while on Safari.
- All Transfers and Transport, Park Fees,
- Game viewing activities as stated in the above tour/safari description.
- Services of a Safari Driver
- Airport pick up and drop off (Kilimanjaro/Arusha airport)
- 2 nights hotel accommodation before and after safari
- Items of a Personal Nature
- Tips and Gratitude to Safari Staff
- Local flights
- International airfares.
- Any required Visas
- Travel Insurance
What to Bring
- A warm sweater as the nights can be chilly at high altitudes.
- Comfortable shoes
- Toilet paper
Tanzania Safari destinations
Where to go to Tanzania for safari? how much does it cost to visit those destinations? $25 to $2500 per person per night based on accommodation and length of tour chosen. It depends on your choice and budget selection during your African safari planning! Where, when, how, what to do to, and see are the best questions every tourist asked him/herself from the first stage of safari inquiries procedure and processing! Observe all below and book with a local expert. The number of Days and accommodation levels with people participating in such a Tanzania Safari trip will affect your budget during travel holidays. The shorter the safari the lower the price, long the safari with charming accommodation the high the safari costs.
- Northern Tanzania. Serengeti National park, Ngorongoro conservation area, Mount Kilimanjaro National park, Lake Manyara National park, Tarangire National park, Arusha National park, Lake Eyasi, Lake Natron.
- Southern Tanzania. Selous Game Reserve. Ruaha National Park. Udzungwa Mountains National Park. Mikumi National Park.
- Western Tanzania. Gombe Stream National Park. Katavi National Park. Mahale National Park.
- Coastal & Islands. Zanzibar Island. Mafia Island. Pemba Island. Saadani National Park.
Tanzania Safari Programs
1: Affordable Tanzania Safari
- Destination: Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Crater
- Duration: 2 Days Tanzania Safari Price
- Price & Costs: $ (camping 750 – lodge 1040 pp) based on 2 pax traveling together
An exceptional-guided safari holiday for an experience you never forget for a couple of safaris! This astonishing Tanzania safari starts and ends in Arusha. 2 Days short Tanzania budget safari that focuses on wildlife for an affordable African safari in Tanzania goes to 2 Tanzania national parks. The tour is suitable for people with few days in Arusha. The average costs and price for this safari differ according to the number of people on the tour as well as accommodation. Extension of this tour is allowed and can be customized from 1 Day, 2 Days Safaris up to 2 or 5 weeks Tanzania Safaris.
2: Affordable African Safari
- Destination: Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater
- Duration: 3 Days Tanzania Safari Price
- Price & Costs: $ (camping 1050 – lodge 1490 pp) based on 2 pax traveling together.
Experience enthralling Budget Safaris in Serengeti for a once lifetime top wildlife safari destinations. This Safari to start from the tourist city Arusha. The safari covers Serengeti National Park one of the amazing parts to visit with a large number of wildlife concentrations throughout the year. Ngorongoro conservation area one of the unbroken caldera where you can spot a lot of wildlife and if your lucky enough you will see all the Big 5 animals.
3: Tanzania Mid-Range Lodge Safari
- Destination: Tarangire National Park, Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater
- Duration: 4 Days Tanzania Safari Price
- Price & Costs: $ (camping 1290 – lodge 1920 pp) based on 2 pax traveling together
This 4-day Tanzania safari allows you to experience the highlights of the Northern Safari Circuit in the lodge and tented camps. You will experience breathtaking wildlife in the midst of diverse landscapes; monkeys in the forest, lions in trees, elephants amongst acacias, and a huge variety of animals inside a collapsed volcano. You will visit Serengeti National Park, home to over 3 million animals. These spectacular grass plains offer the best opportunity of viewing cheetah, leopard, lion, and much more. The 4 Days Tanzania Safari price average costs start from $1920 per person per tour based on 2 people traveling together. For solo travelers request the price quote and we will customize your safari cost to fit your budget and preference.
4: Tanzania Budget Safari
- Destination: Tarangire National Park, Manyara, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro Crater
- Duration: 5 Days Tanzania Safari Price
- Price & Costs: $ (camping 1590 – lodge 2150 pp) based on 2 pax traveling together
Tanzania Budget Camping Safari to Serengeti National Park & Ngorongoro Crater is specially designed for budget travelers willing to explore the magnificent wildlife of Tanzania and feeling the real rhythm of wilderness under the open skies of Africa. The 5 Days Tanzania safari price and costs start from $1590 per person per tour based on 2 people traveling together, while for a large group traveling together the costs will go down. For individual traveler/solo travel requests for private and custom best price guarantee. For a Tanzania lodging Safaris, the average price and costs start from $2690 per person per tour based on 2 people traveling together. Experience this great opportunity covering the two famous and giants parks of Tanzania.
5: Tanzania Budget Camping Safari
- Destination: Tarangire National Park, Manyara Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater & Kilimanjaro
- Duration: 6 Days Tanzania Safari Price
- how much does it cost to go to 6 Days Tanzania budget lodge Safari? Price & Costs: $ (camping 1890 – lodge 2740 pp) based on 2 pax traveling together
The tour starts and ends in Arusha. You will get to visit the home of the Elephants also known as Tarangire National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Kilimanjaro and end up on the magical land of Serengeti National Park. These 6 days Tanzania safari Prices and costs start from $1890 per person per tour based on 2 people traveling together, while for a large group traveling together the costs will go down. Also, this tour can be customized for an individual private solo traveler to fit their budget through traveling alone to maximize the great authentic travel experience. This safari offers you outstanding wildlife viewing in true safari style with all the creature comforts you could possibly wish for in your wish list ensuring an entirely authentic experience without hordes of tourists.
How much does it cost to go on safari in Tanzania?
|Tanzania Trip||Accommodation||Places||#Tourist||Cost pp ($)|
|4-Days Express Northern Tanzania Safari||Mid-range(Lodge &Tented Camp)||Tarangire, Lake Serengeti, Ngorongoro,||2||$1950|
|5-Days Luxury Northern Tanzania Safari||(Tented lodge Camp)||Tarangire NP, Serengeti NP, Ngorongoro||2||$2250|
|6-Days Tanzania budget Camping Safari||Budget (Camping)||Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro,||2||$1850|
|4-Day budget safari Serengeti-Ngorongoro||(Budget camping )||Tarangire, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro||2||$1290|
|7-Day budget safari Serengeti-Ngorongoro||(Budget camping )||Arusha Park, Tarangire, Manyara Park, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro||2||$2190|
Best Time of Year (Tanzania Safari)
These factors affect the Tanzania safari costs and prices because for your safari trip successful it depends on seasonality. High season late June to October, then December to end of February price tends to be high and lodge fully booked. This is the best time to go on Tanzania Safari since it will be a dry season allowing the best wildlife viewing. While low season March-May rain season the price lower a bit and no tourists and some of the roads and parks are not well accessible because the infrastructure will be destructed such as bridges, roads, etc. The animal is hiding from raining and the bush will be very dense which prevents spotting the wildlife.
Get the best deals for Tanzania Safari
Subscribe to the last-minute booking with a discount! Get free quote consultation and get an insert of planning African Safari guide for beginners from the start to end! Choose from a private ready-made Tanzania safari package of 2021/2022 or custom it according to your preference!
Ready highlights of our Tanzania Travel Guide – Updates, Best Time, News & More!: Welcome and join as a Tanzania Safari Tour Operator with a high 5star rating award-winning 2017/2018/2018-2019/2020, organizing remarkable bespoke African Tanzania safaris including the Serengeti, Mount Kilimanjaro, and Zanzibar!