Average Cost of Safari in Tanzania
Tanzania offers real outstanding wildlife and it’s a top African safari destination. Get know about how much does a safari cost in Tanzania? How Much Does a Tanzania Safari Cost? Tanzania Safari Prices, What is the Cost of Safari Tanzania, Average prices & Cost of the safari in Tanzania, How much would a safari cost? Tanzania all inclusive safari. What does a safari in Tanzania Cost? East Africa has blessed countries like Tanzania with magical nature and wildlife more than any other country in the world!
- Tanzania budget camping safari prices $ 195 -350 per person per day
- Midrange budget lodge Prices $ 490 – 550 USD per person per day.
- Luxury Safari Prices $ 690 – 2500 USD per person per day.
Tanzania Safari Cost By Category
Tanzania Flying Safari Prices (US$ 650 – US$ 1550)
Well, unique safari experience in Tanzania through scenic game viewing within the national park. This is the best Tanzania Safari option by taking private chart flight hire with your family or group. The private flight charter hasn’t a good scenic viewing like a hot air balloon safari. The options of Tanzania hot air balloon ride safari will be one of the African holiday experiences you will never forget. Combing your hot air balloon safari in Tanzania with any of our packages published on our website and we will advise you which one will fit.
Tanzania Honeymoon Safari Prices (US$ 195 – US$ 650)
If you’re looking for best place to take your love one in honeymoon, Tanzania is perfect destination in Africa for your honeymooners. The cost implication during traveling to Tanzania for your holidays must consider few things before embark on a lifetime adventures.
- How Much Does Tanzania’s honeymoon Safari Cost? $350pp/night for budget camping. While mid-range Lodge $490 – 5500pp/night. Luxury lodge USD 990 – 2500 pp/night.
- Where to go on a honeymoon trip – Northern Tanzania is perfect for your lifetime travel.
- Accommodations where to stay during honeymoon to Tanzania – budget, mid-range tented or luxurious lodges.
- The best time to visit Africa Tanzania for your honeymoon trips is during the dry season late June to October. November. December. January. February, the beginning of March, avoid April & May for heavy rainfall.
Tanzania Family Safari Prices (US$ 250 – US$ 550)
Taking your family and kid on safari to Tanzania must be every tourist bucket list. Visit top destination like Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Tarangire National Park mixed with cultural activities to Lake Eyasi make your family holiday more amazing and perfect.
East Africa family safari and vacation trips with Tanzania family safari tours cost you a lot of money. Tanzania family safari Cost & price $ 250 — $350 per person per night for a basic camping family safaris in Tanzania. An African family lodges Safari’s average price of $490 — $2500 per person per night depending on the comfort level of safari Accommodation chosen.
Tanzania Photographic Safari Prices (US$ 350 – US$ 2550)
An Africa and Tanzania is best places for photographic safari destination especially Serengeti National Park. Considering where to take or snap great photo elsewhere Tanzania is your first to consider for you photo adventure trips. We arrange budget mid-range lodge. while Luxurious photographic safari in Tanzania excluding International airfares, Local flights, Items of personal nature, Tips and gratuities for the safari staff, Travel insurance, visa fees.
Serengeti Great Migration Safari Prices (US$ 250 – US$ 1900)
Our Vast Experience Offering Bespoke Great Migration Holidays Is Second to None. Arrange a Fully Bespoke, Luxury Safari Holiday To See The World’s Greatest Natural Sights. The Serengeti Safari in Tanzania takes a landless plain safari adventure in the Northern circuit which is popular for Herd Tracker Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Adventure at the Mara river crossing between Tanzania and Kenya! You can stay in various accommodations during your safari. Contact us today to tailor-make your safari Trip.
We offer the range for a minimum of 4 Days Serengeti Safari in Tanzania individual tailor-made till 5 weeks both budget safari Tanzania to luxury safari Tanzania Africa and take a look at our Tanzania safari packages & holidays
Safari Tanzania Tours – Customized bespoke Tanzania wildlife safaris Big 5 Africa Safari Tanzania, Ngorongoro Safari & tours. An exciting change for the lives of the Serengeti Safari Wildebeest Migration.
Tanzania Budget Safari Prices (US$ 200 – US$ 650)
Budget Tanzania safari are more affordable adventure trip at a lower price with the best Tanzania budget safari packages. The cost of this trip starts from $ 350 and up per person per tour in Tanzania. Depends on the number of people in Safari. All our Tanzania Wildlife Safari Packages whether family, budget, honeymoon are individual private tailor adventure travel.
Luxury Tanzania Tours & Safari Prices (US$ 690 – US$ 2500)
What to stay in high end luxurious lodges during your trip to Tanzania? Get highlight on How much does Tanzania Luxury Tours & Safaris Costs? Luxury safari lodges in Tanzania $690 -2500pp/night. The safari offers are for high-end trips you will never forget. Stay in 5* hotel/lodges with modern western design with all-inclusive safari vocation. Charming Luxury Tanzania Safari Tours & Travel holidays in style. Luxury safari tours in Tanzania | Luxury Bespoke Holidays.
Mid-range Tanzania Safari Prices (US$ 490 – US$ 550)
What to stay in high end Luxurious Lodges during your trip to Tanzania? Get highlight on How much does Tanzania Luxury Tours & Safaris Costs? Luxury safari lodges in Tanzania $690 -2500pp/night. The safari offers are for high-end trips you will never forget. Stay in 5* hotel/lodges with modern western design with all-inclusive safari vocation. Charming Luxury Tanzania Safari Tours & Travel holidays in style. Luxury safari tours in Tanzania | Luxury Bespoke Holidays.
Serengeti Safari Prices (US$ 290 – US$ 990)
Comprehensive Budget and Luxurious safari in Serengeti. Serengeti National Park is one of the most famous national parks in the world. Known for its magnificent lions and great migration. It is one of the most comprehensive and appealing presentations of nature, conservation, and research in general. Every day, hundreds of nature lovers and tourists from all over the world visit it.
Tanzania Safari Tipping Guidelines
Tanzania for African safari tipping guides depends on the company’s set up policy and terms and conditions! Each safari company differs according to setup. During safari holidays to Tanzania, you will be accompanied by your driver guide and cook/chef depending on the types of safari you choose. If you have a tented lodge/lodging safari you will only be accompanied by a driver-guide.
- Tanzania Safari guides – tip an of $15 – $25 per day per customer per day but you can tip more no limit to tip up amount.
- Cook/ Chef – Tip an of $15 – $25 per day per customer per day but you can tip more no limit to tip up the amount.
- Mountain Guide – Tip an of $25 per day per customer per day but you can tip more no limit to tip up the amount.
- Porters Tip an of $15 per day per customer per day
But if it is a budget camping safari you will be with both driver guide and chef. Tipping during your safari differs according to the safari holidays. For Tanzania safari and tour guides at camps and lodges, you can tip the US $15 to the US $25 per person per day or at the end of the safari. You can tip more as you wish but the minimum tipping indicated above.
Tanzania Safari Price Inclusions & Exclusions.
- Safari accommodation
- Meals: Full Board Breakfast, Hot Lunch, or Picnic Lunch and Dinner while on Safari.
- All Transfers and Transport, Park Fees,
- Game viewing activities as stated in the above tour/safari description.
- Services of a Safari Driver
- Airport pick up and drop off (Kilimanjaro/Arusha airport)
- 2 nights hotel accommodation before and after safari
- Items of a Personal Nature
- Tips and Gratitude to Safari Staff
- Local flights
- International airfares.
- Any required Visas
- Travel Insurance
iii) What to Bring
- A warm sweater as the nights can be chilly at high altitudes.
- Comfortable shoes
- Toilet paper
Tanzania Safari Destinations.
Where to go to Tanzania for a safari? how much does it cost to visit those destinations? $25 to $2500 per person per night based on accommodation and length of tour chosen. The best African Countries to Visit for Vacation in 2022. It depends on your choice and budget selection during your African safari planning! Where, when, how, what to do to, and see are the best questions every tourist asked him/herself from the first stage of safari inquiries procedure and processing! Observe all below and book with a local expert. The number of Days and accommodation levels with people participating in such a Tanzania Safari trip will affect your budget during travel holidays. The shorter the safari the lower the price, long the safari with charming accommodation the high the safari costs.
Serengeti National park, Ngorongoro conservation area, Mount Kilimanjaro National park, Lake Manyara National park, Tarangire National park, Arusha National park, Lake Eyasi, Lake Natron.
Selous Game Reserve. Ruaha National Park. Udzungwa Mountains National Park. Mikumi National Park.
Gombe Stream National Park. Katavi National Park. Mahale National Park.
- Coastal & Islands. Zanzibar Island. Mafia Island. Pemba Island. Saadani National Park.
Tanzania Safari Accommodation Costs
- $195-350 USD per person per day for basic budget accommodation
- $490 USD per person per day for 3-star lodges/ hotel accommodation
- $690 USD pp per day for 4-star lodges/ hotel accommodation
- $990+ USD pp per day for 5-star lodges/hotel accommodation
Ranging from basic budget camping to high ended marks Tanzania a top safari destination. The price for basic budget accommodation starts from $35 per person per night.
Mid-range comfort accommodation
Costs around $490 per person per night base on 2 people traveling together. While
luxury safari accommodation
Tanzania’s price starts from $990 per person per night and up depending on the selection of hotels and lodges. Single supplement options are available at a high rate based on availability.
From the free-standing highest volcanic mountain to the landless plain of Serengeti National park vs beautiful Garden of Eden Ngorongoro conservation area to the white sand of Zanzibar shore like make a completely amazing safari in Africa Tanzania.
Why Tanzania Safari is too Expensive?
- Tanzania usually the ultimate safari destination overall, a lot of things make Tanzania’s safari more expensive.
- There are a lot of reasons Why Tanzania Safari Holidays are not Cheap like flights, insurance, itinerary, accommodation, visa entry fee, and more. That is to say, African safari itineraries are expensive due influence of different factors mentioned above. Lodge safari is more expensive which a price starts from $490 – $2500 per person per night compared with budget camping accommodation which is $195 -$700 per person per night.
Tanzania Safari Cost by Destinations
|National Park||Adult entry/ day||Entry Fee per Child (5-15 years)/day||Child Entry Fee (under 5 years)/day|
|Serengeti National Park||$70||$30||Free|
|Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area (24 Hour Single Entry)||$70||$30||Free|
|Arusha, Tarangire and Lake Manyara National Parks||$50||$20||Free|
|Katavi, Mikumi, Ruaha, Rubondo, Saadani, Kitulo, Mkomazi Udzungwa and Saanane National Parks||$30||$10||Free|
|Gombe National Park||$100||$20||Free|
|Mahale National Park||$80||$20||Free|
|Kilimanjaro National Park||$70||$20||Free|
Tanzania Safari Payment. The above entry fees DO NOT include new introduce high season fees, camping fees, vehicle fees, or special permits. It’s subjected to change at any time due to government policy amendment.
Serengeti Safari Prices (US$ 370 – US$ 650)
- Entry fee start from $70 + 18% VAT for adult, Children (5-15 years)/day $30 + 18% VAT, and child below 5 is free of charges
- 2 Day Safari Costs from : $ 750 USD per person for budget while lodge or mid range $ 1350 USD
- 3 Day Serengeti Safari from: $ 1250 USD per person for budget while lodge or mid range $ 1650 US
- Explore more tour on Serengeti with top detailed.
Serengeti National Park
The vast plains of the Serengeti comprise 1.5 million ha of savannah. The annual migration to permanent water holes of vast herds of herbivores (wildebeest, gazelles and zebras), followed by their predators, is one of the most impressive natural events in the world.
In the vast plains of Serengeti National Park, comprising 1.5 million hectares of savannah, the annual migration of two million wildebeests plus hundreds of thousands of gazelles and zebras – followed by their predators in their annual migration in search of pasture and water – is one of the most impressive nature spectacles in the world. The biological diversity of the park is very high with at least four globally threatened or endangered animal species: black rhinoceros, elephant, wild dog, and cheetah.
- The entry fee is US$ 71 per person + 18% VAT, while the crater services is US$ 300 per vehicle.
Ngorongoro Fees & Costs: Be Prepared For Your Visit.
- 1 person – Price cost US$ 855 for a day trip
- 2 people – Price cost US$ 595 for a day trip
- 3 people – Price cost US$ 450 for a day trip
- 4 – 7 people – Price cost US$ 375 for a day trip
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
One of the world’s breathtaking natural wonders with a breathtaking setting. Wildlife Tours & Safaris in Tanzania. One of the places to see the Big Five. Ngorongoro is a haven for approximately 25,000 animals and around 400 different bird species. You can find a good population of black manned lions that trail the grasslands, robust herds of wildebeests along with endangered black rhino, zebras, hyenas, and leopards.
- The entry fee is US$ 60 per person + 18% VAT, while the crater services is US$ 18 per vehicle.
- Tarangire National Park Fees & Costs: Be Prepared For Your Visit.
- 1 person – Price cost US$740 for a day trip
- 2 people – Price cost US$ 395 for a day trip
- 3 people – Price cost US$ 350 for a day trip
- 4 – 7 people – Price cost US$ 335 for a day tri
Tarangire National Park
Tarangire National Park has of up to 300 elephants, nomadic wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, impala, gazelle, hartebeest, and eland mass the lagoons. It’s the most attractive wildlife outside the Serengeti ecosystem, a smorgasbord for predators.
Tarangire National Park is one place in Tanzania where dry-country antelope. The stately fringe-eared oryx and peculiar long-necked gerenuk are regularly practical. Tarangire National Park is the only national park that holds the migrant during the dry season and welcoming home of different species of animal.
- The entry fee is US$ 54 per person + 18% VAT, while US$ 10 per vehicle + 18% VAT
- Lake Manyara Tours & Safari Packages Fees & Costs: Be Prepared For Your Visit.
- 1 person – Price cost US$740 for a day trip
- 2 people – Price cost US$ 395 for a day trip
- 3 people – Price cost US$ 350 for a day trip
- 4 – 7 people – Price cost US$ 335 for a day trip
Lake Manyara National Park is a protected area in Tanzania’s Arusha and Manyara Regions, situated between Lake Manyara and the Great Rift Valley. It is administered by the Tanzania National Parks Authority, and covers an area of 325 km² including about 230 km² lake surface.
Eastern Africa Tours & Safari Tours
We are responsible for travel experts organizing Mountain Trekking and Safari within Tanzania. We have strong experience and a great team of people that guarantees the best services.
Tanzania safaris and Serengeti Safaris never be cheap! When going on Safari in Tanzania you should keep in mind the level of budget level safari prices & accommodation types you’re looking for!
Tanzania safari price costs
To give you an idea of Tanzania safari prices Average costs of Tanzania safari & Zanzibar beach holidays, a 1-week safari would cost approximately US $3500 — $4000 per person exclusive of international airfare internal flights, visas, and insurance. This would be a semi-luxurious trip.
Prices can go up and down depending on the season and level of accommodation. how much does it cost to go on a safari in Tanzania? the price for budget camping will cost you from US$2150 — 2200per person for a 1-week small group minimum of 2 people.
Booking and paying for a safari before arriving in Tanzania
Booking and paying for a safari before arriving in Tanzania is recommended if you’ll be traveling in popular areas during the high season. The payment can be in cash in USD /Euro or Tanzanian Shillings or by online card payments!
All-inclusive African safari cost
1: Affordable Tanzania Safari
- Destination: Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Crater
- Duration: 2 Days Tanzania Safari Price
- Price & Costs: $ (camping 750 – lodge 1040 pp) based on 2 pax traveling together
An exceptional-guided safari holiday for an experience you never forget for a couple of safaris! This astonishing Tanzania safari starts and ends in Arusha. 2 Days short Tanzania budget safari that focuses on wildlife for an affordable African safari in Tanzania goes to 2 Tanzania national parks. The tour is suitable for people with few days in Arusha. The average costs and price for this safari differ according to the number of people on the tour as well as accommodation. Extension of this tour is allowed and can be customized from 1 Day, 2 Days Safaris up to 2 or 5 weeks Tanzania Safaris.
2: Affordable African Safari
- Destination: Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater
- Duration: 3 Days Tanzania Safari Price
- Price & Costs: $ (camping 1050 – lodge 1490 pp) based on 2 pax traveling together.
Experience enthralling Budget Safaris in Serengeti for a once-lifetime top wildlife safari destination. This Safari starts from the tourist city Arusha. The safari covers Serengeti National Park one of the amazing parts to visit with a large number of wildlife concentrations throughout the year. Ngorongoro conservation area one of the unbroken caldera where you can spot a lot of wildlife and if your lucky enough you will see all the Big 5 animals.
3: Tanzania Mid-Range Lodge Safari
- Destination: Tarangire National Park, Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater
- Duration: 4 Days Tanzania Safari Price
- Price & Costs: $ (camping 1290 – lodge 1920 pp) based on 2 pax traveling together
This 4-day Tanzania safari allows you to experience the highlights of the Northern Safari Circuit in the lodge and tented camps. You will experience breathtaking wildlife in the midst of diverse landscapes; monkeys in the forest, lions in trees, elephants amongst acacias, and a huge variety of animals inside a collapsed volcano. You will visit Serengeti National Park, home to over 3 million animals. These spectacular grass plains offer the best opportunity of viewing cheetah, leopard, lion, and much more. The 4 Days Tanzania Safari price average costs start from $1920 per person per tour based on 2 people traveling together. For solo travelers request the price quote and we will customize your safari cost to fit your budget and preference.
4: 5 Days Tanzania Budget Safari
- Destination: Tarangire National Park, Manyara, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro Crater
- Duration: 5 Days Tanzania Safari Price
- Price & Costs: $ (camping 1690 – lodge 2150 pp) based on 2 pax traveling together
Tanzania Budget Camping Safari to Serengeti National Park & Ngorongoro Crater is specially designed for budget travelers willing to explore the magnificent wildlife of Tanzania and feeling the real rhythm of wilderness under the open skies of Africa. The 5 Days Tanzania safari price and costs start from $1590 per person per tour based on 2 people traveling together, while for a large group traveling together the costs will go down. For individual traveler/solo travel requests for private and custom best price guarantee. For a Tanzania lodging Safaris, the average price and costs start from $2690 per person per tour based on 2 people traveling together. Experience this great opportunity covering the two famous and giants parks of Tanzania.
5: Tanzania Budget Camping Safari
- Destination: Tarangire National Park, Manyara Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater & Kilimanjaro
- Duration: 6 Days Tanzania Safari Price
- how much does it cost to go to 6 Days Tanzania budget lodge Safari? Price & Costs: $ (camping 1890 – lodge 2740 pp) based on 2 pax traveling together
The tour starts and ends in Arusha. You will get to visit the home of the Elephants also known as Tarangire National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Kilimanjaro and end up on the magical land of Serengeti National Park. These 6 days Tanzania safari Prices and costs start from $1890 per person per tour based on 2 people traveling together, while for a large group traveling together the costs will go down. Also, this tour can be customized for an individual private solo traveler to fit their budget through traveling alone to maximize the great authentic travel experience. This safari offers you outstanding wildlife viewing in true safari style with all the creature comforts you could possibly wish for in your wish list ensuring an entirely authentic experience without hordes of tourists.
Usual Tanzania safari price per day.
|Travel per night||Camping Safari/night||Mid range Safari/night||Luxury Safari/night|
|Green Season (April to May)||$250 – $385 per night||$450 – $495 per night||$550 – $2500 per night|
|Shoulder Season (January to March, Sometimes June, Oct)||$260 – $365||$480 – $560||$900 – $2400|
|Peak Season July to Sept/October||$250 – $380||$495 – $690||$990 – $2690|
|Zanzibar Beach Holidays||$30||$10||Free|
|Kilimanjaro National Park||$390||$650 – $780||$890 – $1590|
Mount Kilimanjaro Routes.
How long does it take to climb Kilimanjaro? 5 Days but the shorter climbs, up to 9 days depending on the route you take to climb. Mount Kilimanjaro Routes
- Marangu Route: Only Kilimanjaro climb route that offers hut accommodation.
- Machame Route: Most popular climbing route up Kilimanjaro.
- Rongai Route: Easiest route on Kilimanjaro.
- Shira Route: This one catapults you to some serious altitude on the first day.
- Lemosho Route: Hands down the most beautiful Kilimanjaro climb route, but expensive.
- Umbwe Route: Most difficult and demanding route on Kilimanjaro, and the most spectacular.
Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing Cost.
How much does it cost to climb Mount Kilimanjaro? Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro – Cost, Prices, and Cheap Climbs. The trekking Kilimanjaro can cost you anything from $USD 2590 to $ USD 8500 per person per trekking. Although there is some tour operator advertising online bellow $1300. If you asked them how to pay entry fees, porters, guides, and staff they can’t have an answer. Don’t go below $2890.
Factors Affecting Tanzania Safari Prices.
Tanzania Safari Cost | How much does it cost to go on Safari in Tanzania? Is Tanzania expensive for tourists? Yes because of entry fees, Accommodation, Visa, travel insurance, flights, vaccinations, transport, personal items, and more.
Best Time for a Tanzania Safari.
These factors affect the Tanzania safari costs and prices because for your safari trip successful it depends on seasonality. High season late June to October, then December to end of February price tends to be high and lodge fully booked. This is the best time to go on Tanzania Safari since it will be a dry season allowing the best wildlife viewing. While low season March-May rain season the price lower a bit and no tourists and some of the roads and parks are not well accessible because the infrastructure will be destructed such as bridges, roads, etc. The animal is hiding from raining and the bush will be very dense which prevents spotting the wildlife.
Get the best deals for Tanzania Safari
Subscribe to the last-minute booking with a discount! Get free quote consultation and get an insert of planning African Safari guide for beginners from start to end! Choose from a private ready-made Tanzania safari package of 2021/2022 or custom it according to your preference!
Ready highlights of our Tanzania Travel Guide – Updates, Best Time, News & More!: Welcome and join as a Tanzania Safari Tour Operator with a high 5star rating award-winning 2017/2018/2018-2019/2020, organizing remarkable bespoke African Tanzania safaris including the Serengeti, Mount Kilimanjaro, and Zanzibar! Tanzania Safari Prices | Average Cost of Safari in Tanzania.